Thursday 22 May 2008

Age of Conan, then...

The escapade with Everquest 2 has ended for the time being. Other commitments in my life took over just as Choraz reached his homeland, somewhat ironically cutting short his journey just before I actually got to do what I'd been looking forward to for the entire time I was playing EQ2 - actually exploring Kunark again (I got as far as the dock, and the monsters immediately around that).

And now, with my finals at university passing in the next week and me having a little free time on my hands, I decided to pre-order Age of Conan. I figured that I'd end up buying it anyway, so I thought I may as well get the in-game Rhino mount that came with the pre-order from Play.com. And now I'm sitting at my desk, typing this while I revise for my exam tomorrow. Age of Conan is now installed on my computer, which took the best part of two hours, and it is now downloading a 95 meg patch which should take the best part of an hour. But the servers are down for the next four hours anyway, as the official release date is not until tomorrow. I can't play it until 5pm anyway, when my exam is done, but rest assured I'll be firing the game up pretty quickly after getting home.

You can expect an in-depth blog of my experiences in Age of Conan, much like what I posted for EQ2 over the last year or so. I will probably pop back to Everquest 2 and have a look around Kunark for a month at some point in the future, but for now I'm going to be concentrating on Funcom's latest effort. Let's just hope Conan proves to be all that it's cracked up to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey dude ive been following your blog for a while now. Its been a good read. Keep it up.