Wednesday 8 October 2008

Computer now upgraded...

I know it's been a week or so since I last posted, but I've been very busy indeed. My next MMO-related post will probably be about how sustainable a genre I think MMOs are, given the time that needs to be invested in them. It's fine when you're a student, less so when you're a consultant working on the 2012 Olympic Games and you're having to work 10 hour days, as I've discovered over the last few weeks.

Anyway, onto the more important news. Due to the fact it wasn't working properly, my PC has recieved an upgrade. The monitor has improved since I broke the power switch on my old one two weeks ago, leaving me completely unable to use my desktop, and I've now got a nice widescreen jobby that is displying at 1680 x 1050, considerably better than the 1240 x 1048 my last screen had as its max setting. It's also got a new case and a decent PSU, as the old one sounded like a hovercraft when you turned it on. The new Corsair unit is much, much quieter, which is nice. It should be pretty reusable too, which justifies the £45 price tag somewhat.

Lastly (and most importantly) the graphics card has turned from a 256mb Radeon X1800 to a 512mb Radeon 4800, which is MUCH faster. My PC's not exactly state of the art now, but it's really not lagging behind the pack as much as it used to. I'm going to fire up a few games at the weekend and see what kind of effect it has - wish me well!

1 comment:

Loner Gamer said...

Good luck with the new PC. Looking forward to the new article as always! Cool job btw @.@